Makes 6 pancakes (Serves 2)
- 1 cup UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 free range egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 50g haloumi, roughly chopped
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- coriander to garnish
- Place oats and milk in a small bowl to soak and allow oats to soften for 5-minutes. Set aside.
- Add the egg, baking powder, turmeric and gently whisk until well combined.
- Heat a small-medium sized fry pan over medium-low heat. Add the oil, then add two tablespoon portions of the pancake mixture to the pan, flatten oat mixture with back of spoon, cooking two at a time, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip pancakes and cook for roughly 1-2 minutes, or until other side is golden brown. Continue with rest of the pancake mixture then set aside.
- Once cooked, lightly fry the halloumi and eggs to your liking. If you have a large fry pan you can cook in one batch.
- To serve, top two or three pancakes with egg, haloumi and sliced avocado. Garnish with coriander. Yum!