Bored of same old breakfast? Coming into the cooler months, brighten up your favourite dishes such as porridge for breakfast, a roast dinner or pudding for dessert with the exotic flavours and freshness with passionfruit. This fragrant fruit is a good source of fibre, vitamin C and low in kilojoules.
Try this delicious passionfruit, chia and coconut porridge with toasted nuts.
Prep time: 15 mins. Cooking time: 10 mins
What you need:
For the porridge:
130g (1 cup) chia (black or white,Â or a mix)
650ml (2.5 cups) coconut milk
1-2 cups hot water (optional)
1/4 cup mixed unsalted nuts (try pecans, walnuts, almonds, or macadamias)
1/4 cup mixed unsalted seeds (try pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds)
1/2 cup coconut flakes (or shredded coconut)
For the passion fruit sauce:
3 Tbsp honey
1. For the porridge, place chia seeds, coconut milk and salt in a pan on low-medium heat. Bring to a simmer, cover, and let cook slowly for about 6 minutes. Set aside andÂ keep warm.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
3. For the topping, place nuts, seeds, and coconut flakes on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes until golden and fragrant.
4. For the passionfruit sauce, cut passionfruit in half and place pulp and seeds in a small pot along with the honey. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
5. To serve, add 1 to 2 cups of hot water to thin to your desired consistency. Top with toasted nut mix and passionfruit sauce.
For more information, visit Passionfruit Australia