Need a brekkie shake up to keep you feeling full?
As part of a healthy varied diet, try these delicious Chia and Walnut muffins made using Uncle Tobys Plus Protein wholegrain cereal.
It’s a super simple recipe I created filled with nuts and seeds, fresh fruit and quality whole grains.
Prep on the weekend, store or freeze for the ultimate convenient and satisfying breakfast at your fingertips.
Makes roughly 12 muffins | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
2 free range eggs
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Greek yoghurt
3 very ripe bananas
½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
3 tb chia seeds
1 ½ cups Uncle Tobys Protein Plus (peach, sultanas and oat clusters) (note 1 cup = 65g)
1 2/3 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ tsp cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 180 C. Line muffin tin with paper.
• Reserve 1 tablespoon of Uncle Tobys Plus cereal. Place oil and maple in a bowl and beat with electric beater for 5 minutes until mixture thickens, roughly 5 minutes.
• Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed for 5 minutes.
• Add the yoghurt and bananas beat on low speed for a further 2 minutes.
• Add the remaining dry ingredients and fold gently until well combined.
• Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tray. Lightly crush the remaining Uncle Tobys Plus cereal and gently sprinkle over top. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
• Once cooked, transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
This recipe was created for Uncle Tobys
and published with their permission.