Suitable for freezing and and are ideal for the lunchbox.
What you need.
- 1 can French ‘puy’ lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated (excess moisture removed)
- Handful spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tb barbecue sauce
- 1 egg, beaten (extra to brush on pastry)
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Puff pastry or filo pastry
How to make:
- Pre – heat the oven to 150 degrees C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked onions and garlic to lentils, rolled oats, carrots, zucchini, spinach, barbecue sauce and eggs and season with salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into pastry parcels. If using puff pastry, brush a little egg mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.