Fresh fruit goes far beyond something you top on your muesli, blend in smoothie or grab as a snack. In just 2 minutes, try whipping up this grilled pineapple with a sprinkle of dukkah and fresh mint. Perfect on its own or a great tropical side that pairs perfectly with your favourite meats.
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tbs dukkah
- 1 handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Pre- heat a grill pan on medium to high heat or fire up the BBQ
- Chop the skin off one pineapple
- Cut the pineapple lengthways into eighths
- Grill each side 1-2 minutes
- place cooked pineapple onto serving platter and sprinkle dukkah and garnish with mint.
The Health Facts
- Tropical Immune Booster
Pineapples are an excellent source of vitamin C, important for a healthy, functioning immune system. Pineapples also provide a good source of thiamin, magnesium and vitamin B6, which all act to keep the body healthy and functioning.
2. Good for the gut
Bromelain is a unique phytochemical found in pineapples, which has been shown to be anti-inflammatory and may have benefits for colon health. Combined with the good fibre content, pineapples are a terrific food for keeping your gut healthy and happy.
Like what you read? Subscribe to our free newsletter for exclusive content.