Iâ€™m always amazed by the way baking transforms pears (or any fruit for that matter) into sumptuous desserts (or a sneaky breakfast!)
- 225g medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 6 beurre bosc pears, peeled, halved
- 6 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp + cinnamon
- 500g Full fat Greek Yoghurt
- Soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes to soften up.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the pears by placing 1 tsp of coconut oil between the two halves and sprinkling with cinnamon. Also sprinkle the outside of the pears with cinnamon. Use to your liking. Then wrap each individual pear in a piece of foil. Place all the pears on a tray and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
- While the pears are baking, prepare the caramel sauce. Puree the dates using a stick blender or normal blender. Place in medium saucepan with almond milk and nut butter. Mix until combined and bring to the boil. Lower heat and allow to thicken up for a few minutes, stirring continuously to prevent burning/sticking to the bottom. You may need to blend the mixture again to make it smooth.
- Divide the pears between 6 plates and top with a dollop of yoghurt and a generous pour of caramel sauce. Serve immediately!